Technology…Where would we be without it? It allows you to chat online, watch movies and find information you need. Using Google, MSN chat and Wii are just some examples of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and electronics working together.
‘I’d like to do something that has a positive impact on people’s lives.’
Wherever you look you can probably spot ICT keeping things running, as well as making life easier and more fun. It’s everywhere – in cars, at the checkout, in ipods. Whether it’s used to find your way around town, to searching the solar system for other life, it’s no surprise that it’s one of the fastest growing industries in South Australia. That’s a lot of amazing careers waiting to happen!
Fancy coming up with the next big gadget, or a novel way to improve life…it all comes down to creativity and solving problems. Some typical ICT/Electronics jobs include; computer scientists, electrical engineers, design technicians and information technology specialists.
Five Fast ICT / Electronics Facts
- The ICT industry in South Australia includes: Software, ICT services, hardware / electronics, creative industries and telecommunications.
- The ICT sector is known as a ‘niche’ growth industry in South Australia
- The ICT sector employs around 19,000 people in South Australia.
- The ICT sector boasts a total annual revenue of about $5 billion.
- South Australia has a strong electronics sector specialising in sophisticated defence, communication and instrumentation systems, sensors and medical devices.