Amazing Career Journeys
Though Kate preferred English at school, her passion for the universe and how it works led her to science at uni. She focused on geology, but also exercised her creative side, running a clothing design business.
After plenty of travelling Kate is now working in Antarctica, an experience that’s full of adventure.
Questions & Answers
- What is the best aspect about your work?
- Thinking about and solving interesting questions - and travelling!
- What is the most challenging aspect about your work?
- Most research positions only last for a few years and there is a lot of competition to get them.
- What high school and/or Uni/TAFE did you go to?
- Seymour College, then Adelaide Uni
- What did you study in further education?
- Bachelor of Science, then a PhD in geophysics
- What is the best career advice you can give to someone is interested in going down a similar path?
- Keep a sense of wonder about how amazing the world is.