Amazing Career Journeys
Greg was an explorer from an early age; fascinated by landscapes and yearning for adventure. At school he concentrated on physics and chemistry, which allowed him to study geology at uni. It explained how the world worked.
Then Greg had his own adventure, travelling to the US where he put his skills and interests together to work for a mining company before returning to Adelaide to work for another mining company.
Questions & Answers
- What is the best aspect about your work?
- The best part about my work is the opportunity to travel to many different places in Australia and overseas, all while being paid.
- What is the most challenging aspect about your work?
- A challenging aspect of my work is having to apply my knowledge and skills to understand and develop new projects, but at the same time, this can also be very rewarding.
- What high school and/or Uni/TAFE did you go to?
- Christian Brother College, University of Adelaide
- What did you study in further education?
- Bachelor of Science, Honours in Geology, 3/4 of the way through a PhD
- What is the best career advice you can give to someone who is interested in going down a similar path?
- Geology is not a common subject taught in high school these days, so give it a try at uni. If you find you like geology, study really hard at uni, because this is where you will give yourself the best chance of scoring a really good job when you graduate.